- PCMCIA does not work with the 0.5-images
- switch to the current version from CVS
- What happens if I plug in my display the wrong way?
- probably nothing. Switch off, turn around, try again.
A Answer by TimRiker: check that you have ide-cd.o under /lib/modules/ and that /etc/pcmcia/config has ide-cs and not ide_cs in it. As the latest builds still have the modprobe seg fault problem, insmod ide-cs before inserting the drive.
- My microdrive does not get detected with the latest code and no 5V-modification
- Can the 2 cables between Backlight and backlight-power-generation be extended?
- it works with about 1m and 3 plugs/socket-connections here, including touch-screen (and the touchscreen it's not one mm off). SimonLabrecque would like to know more about this; he tried extending the 34-pins cable from the LCD to the comm board, without success... the LCD would stay completely black. Any idea?
- What happens when the black IR-receiver breaks off? Would that cause a tuxscreen to no longer boot at all? (That's my problem and the possible cause.)
- The tuxscreen will apear to be dead. It will not boot, not Jtag, no bootloader, nothing. Solder it on again!
- What to test if your Tuxscreen apears dead (has power but nothing on the serial-port nor display)?
- Can the ram be upgraded without de-soldering the on-board ram-chips?
add more here...
- Does anyone have a JTAG Dongle I can borrow? Or know where I can get one? I bricked my TuxScreen awhile back and haven't had any time to play with it, but I'd like to get back into it. The schematics for the dongle are nice, but I don't have a clue where to get the little IC.